|Size||1 x 1|
|Required By||Silkworm Egg|
|Back to Objects|
Silkmoths love to fly across grasslands and through forests, and ignore most all obstacles (Trees, Walls, Houses), but will not cross water. Because of these behaviors, it is difficult for inexperienced collectors to catch them as they go. They are very rare as well. Once caught, a male and a female silkmoth can mate within 24 in-game-hours, turning into 10 silkworm eggs at most. To do so, they need to be in the same inventory. Once a silkmoth is caught it's lifetime timer will start ticking and you should make sure not to keep them in your inventory for too long.
How exactly the timer works needs to be asked in detail to one of the devs. --Sami1337 22:29, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
How to AcquireEdit
You can acquire a silkmoth, white insects with wings flying around, simply by right clicking it. The problem is, though, they keep moving. They stop after travelling for half-a-screen or so for a second before going off again in a random direction. It can take alot of patience but you will eventually catch it.
- Bring a waterflask! You'll need the boost in stamina after a while. If you can't run, you can't move faster than the moth and then it becomes nearly impossible to catch one. Stopping to drink won't cause you to lose your silkmoth, although it may go off screen it will be in the same general area.
- Don't run constantly! When you spot it a distance off, walk up to it. Walking is the same speed as the Moth flies, so you're not losing ground. Wait for it to stop and possibly change direction towards you. When you begin to get closer to it, run after it. By doing this, you don't waste stamina.
- Intercept it! The best technique is to stand in the direction it is heading and quickly right click it as you walk towards it.
- For all you clever people, if you let the silkmoth go inside a hut it's life will soon be depleted anyways.
- A good way to keep silkmoths alive if you own a boat is to go out into a river and release them. Because they will not move across water, they will simply spaz in place and won't get away while their life meter resets.